TogetheRide Presents: Drag Show
TogetheRide Presents: Drag Show - a highlight of the fiercest fashionistas in the TogetheRide community. Viewers will be treated to a variety of programming including drag performances submitted by the TogetheRide community and educational testimonials highlighting how drag saves lives. Drag Show inspires through the history of Drag, special performances, and more! It’s broadcasting at 6:00PM PACIFIC, on Friday, February 12, 2021, via Twitch.
The rules are simple. Let loose and have fun with your performance! Solo and group performances accepted!
- Dress to the role you have chosen, choose a song, and have fun!
- Recording no longer than 4 minutes.
- Submission deadline is 11:59pm Monday, February 8, 2021. Upload your file here. Name your video file “TR 2021-DragShow-Your Name-Video # ”
- What you submit is what we will broadcast - any music, editing, and visuals of the show is entirely up to you!
Phone cameras are great! Make sure you film in landscape mode (phone on its side). Set your camera in a position where it will capture the entire performance at a height that works best for you (eye level is a good place to start). Look for a background that is visually appealing. Be sure to light yourself well! Natural light and lamps work well. If you have other equipment you prefer to use, by all means, use what you have!
IMPORTANT! Remember to shoot a test video first and check the points we mentioned above. Once you are satisfied with the test, record your video.
- ASAP: Music Selection Deadline (We want to avoid having duplicate songs so email email@example.com ASAP to claim your song)
- 12/20/20: Performer Registration Opens
- 2/1/21: Performer Registration Closes
- 2/8/21: Video submission deadline
- 2/12/21: Drag Show Event
- How soon do you need to know my music selection?
- ASAP - we want to make sure no two acts use the same music. The sooner you claim your music selection, the better.
- Should I be concerned with music rights?
- No, this event will only be streamed on twitch, we don’t have to worry about FB muting performances.
- How can we do a group performance?
- We encourage those who wish to submit a group performance to submit a Zoom style video due to COVID-19 safety guidelines and restrictions.
- Is there a maximum amount of people we can have in our video?
- No, but due to COVID-19 safety guidelines and restrictions, we encourage Zoom style group performances.
- I don’t know how to do makeup, how can I learn?
- Keep an eye on our social media channels for tips! In the meantime, check on YouTube for some handy tutorials! Here is one to get you started: click here to watch!
- Do all performers have to be in drag?
- The “Main” performer should be in drag but backup dancers do not have to be in drag. This is a performance, not a competition. Be creative and have fun with your film submission.